Tuesday, December 22, 2009

2010 Bibliophilic Books Challenge

BBClg The challenge that started it all!  Lesley said that I can count books about teaching reading as well as books about reading for pleasure so I’m excited about clearing out some of my teaching TBR books from my Good Reads list!

My Current Plan for this challenge is:

1. The Most Wonderful Books - edited by Michael Dorris & Emilie Buchwald   I found this book at Riverby’s this afternoon – it was on a shelf of books about books! It was the only one that was appealing though – it’s a collection of short essays by a number of authors, none of whom I have heard of, so maybe I’ll discover a new author!

2. How Reading Changed My Life – Anna Quindlen  See my review here

3. Everything I Needed to Know About Being a Girl I Learned from Judy Blume – Jennifer O’Connell  I wasn’t sure about this one at 1st but I saw it on Susan’s “Books about Books” Shelf so it must be! :-)

4. The Fluent Reader – Timothy Rasinski 

5. The Words Came Down: English Language Learners Read, Write, and Talk Across the Curriculum – Emelie Parker

6. ?

Since I have already identified 5 books to read for this challenge, I’m shooting for the LitLover level, I’m sure I’ll find 1 more book from someone’s list to fill in! :-)


BTW: If you want to join this challenge click the picture, it will take you right to the sign up page!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Glad to have spurred on your book blogging and reading! I've added your site to my blogroll and am looking forward to reading about all your books!

Gilion at Rose City Reader said...

I joined the Bibliophilic Books challenge too. I am excited about it. Here is my sign up post and list of book.

I look forward to reading your reviews. Happy reading!