Saturday, November 6, 2010

When “Gifts” Run Amok

image

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake – Aimee Bender

NOTE: CONTAINERS SPOILERS!!!!!!

This was a book club book, and I was looking forward to reading it – it was one that was already on my “to read” list!  It started out pretty good – reminded me a lot of Garden Spells because it was about food evoking emotion.  It wasn’t nearly as well done as Garden Spells though.   The main character had a unique gift of being able to “taste” emotions in food.  About halfway through the book we learned about the main character’s brother’s gift – he had the ability to turn in furniture.  WTF???  Yeah, that was when I lost interest in the book.  Almost didn’t finish it either, but it was for book club so I forged ahead! Turns out almost all of us in the club had the same thoughts!

100_Reading_Challenge

No comments: