Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fun With Stephanie & Lula

image

Sizzling Sixteen – Janet Evanovich

If it’s June it must be time for the latest installment in Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum series! I love it because the new book always comes out right after school gets out and it’s the perfect way to start off lazy summer reading!

I’m very indecisive on this book, one the one hand it was exactly what I expect from the Stephanie Plum series, on the other hand it was lacking in the humor that usually makes her books so readable. 

It was a good story, I enjoyed seeing Stephanie, Lula and Connie band together to save Vinnie!  However I felt that the parts that were supposed to be funny just weren’t.   My favorite minor character, Mooner, was back and even that wasn’t that funny.  I hope this book is anomaly and that #17 will be back to the rollicking good fun I expect!

100_Reading_Challenge     library-rc

No comments: