Saturday, February 20, 2010

Calla Lilly Ponder

The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder: A Novel

The Crowning Glory of Calla Lilly Ponder – Rebecca Wells

After The Girl Who Played With Fire, I wanted a lighter, faster read and Calla Lily fit the bill!  I had read Rebecca Wells’ other books:  The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, Little Altars Everywhere and Ya-Ya’s in Bloom years ago and enjoyed them so was really looking forward to reading another, that and I LOVED the title, it just had a great ring to it! 

The book started out great, I was very interested in Calla Lilly’s story and in all the her mom, M’Dear had taught her about life and kindness.  I was loving the quirky Southern touches like the “Shop N Skate” – grocery store roller skating rink combo!   As the book went on however, it started to get tedious.  It was a good, light read, but not an epic life changing story. 

100_Reading_Challenge    library-rc WhatsInName3

No comments: