Friday, February 26, 2010

Valentine Part 2

Brava, Valentine: A Novel

Brava, Valentine – Adriana Trigiani

Last winter we met Valentine Roncalli and her big, wacky, fun, Italian family and it was the 1st book in a new trilogy and now a year later we get to catch up with them again! 

I really liked Very Valentine and was really looking forward to reading the next installment.   This book didn’t quite measure up to the 1st book, although there were part of it that I LOVED.  In fact,  it almost became my favorite book of the year and almost earned 4 stars on GoodReads.   That was before I read the last 15 pages.   I won’t give away what happens, but it knocked the book down from a big time favorite to a “good read”. 

One thing that I found a bit “odd” in both this book and the other Adriana Trigiani book I read this year, Viola in Reel Life, is that they were both set in 2010 and both books took place over the course of the whole year, since it is currently 2010 it was a little weird reading about “the future”. 

100_Reading_Challenge library-rc

twentyten_sml

No comments: