Friday, May 21, 2010

Chick Lit + Murder

image

The Girl Who Stopped Swimming – Joshilyn Jackson

About a year ago Susan and I were in Borders and she saw this book, she said that she’d read some Joshilyn Jackson has really liked her, then when we got back to her house she gave me Gods in Alabama to read. 

I really liked Gods in Alabama so was looking forward to another Joshilyn Jackson.  Unfortunately, this one didn’t live up to my expectations.

The combination of chick lit sprinkled with murder is quite appealing.  Traditional housewives in cookie cutter subdivisions and mysterious death has all the elements of a great story.  However this book was very hard to get through.  The story felt disjointed and the characters were hard to get into. 

I have read that Between Georgia is a good book so I’m not giving up on Joshilyn Jackson, every writer writes a “not-so-good” book every now and them!

This book is #25 on my Support Your Local Library Challenge – halfway done! :-)

100_Reading_Challenge    library-rc

No comments: