Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Another Lorna Landvik

image

Patty Jane’s House of Curl – Lorna Landvik

We I was at the library a few days ago I was looking for some new books to read and of course I totally forgot about two new authors I wanted to check out: Sarah Addison Allen and Ann Hood and ended up picking up another Lorna Landvik. 

I have totally enjoyed the others I have read by her, especially The Tall Pine PolkaThe Tall Pine Polka was one of her early novels so I' had high hopes for Patty Jane’s House of Curl because it was her 1st novel. 

My high hopes didn’t materialize.  It was a good book, however it felt like a rough draft of Tall Pine Polka!  A lot of the same themes and similar events.   I might have enjoyed it more had I not just read The Tall Pine Polka.

100_Reading_Challenge         library-rc

No comments: