Thursday, August 19, 2010

Tall Pine Polka

image 

The Tall Pine Polka – Lorna Landvik

This was the best book I have read in a long time! :-)  Interesting characters and a North Woods setting made me think of Northern Exposure as I read this book.  The characters were interesting and complex and the story kept me guessing. 

When the book started out I thought for sure it would be one that would get labeled “single women” but in the end it didn’t quite qualify.  Despite the fact that there was more romance than I had bargained for at first, it didn’t override the story and the falling in love, getting married aspects didn’t solve all the problems and make life wonderful.  In fact the romance aspects seemed to create more problems for the characters!

100_Reading_Challenge  library-rc

No comments: