Saturday, January 2, 2010

1 Down, 99 To Go!

image 

I finished my first book of 2010 this afternoon: Looking For Salvation at the Dairy Queen, by Susan Gregg Gilmore. It was a good quick read, perfect to get started with this year – and I can count it toward 3 challenges! :-)

100_Reading_Challenge      library-rc    twentyten_sml

The book started out very “preachy” and I thought it was going to be hard to get through, but the main character seemed to be  as put off by the “preachyness” as I was, so it was good! 

The main characters goal in life is to get out of the small town in Georgia where she grew up and when she finally does a series of unexpected plot twists lead her to believe where she really belongs. 

This was a very real book with main characters who were easy to relate to! A great quick read! :-)

No comments: