Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sleeping Lady

image

Sleeping Lady – Sue Henry

I’m really glad I didn’t give up on Sue Henry based on her Maxine and Stretch novels!  I have read 2 Maxine and Stretch novels and wasn’t a huge fan of either, however I was drawn to her other books because they were all set in Alaska. 

This one reminded me a lot of Nevada Barr’s Anna Pigeon novels, although without a lot of the hair-raising death defying drama that Nevada Barr’s novels are famous for. 

While this novel was “tamer” it was not lacking in action.  A charter plane shot out of the sky and lost all winter in the Alaska bush.  A wife looking for answers about her husband, the pilot of the plane.  A random woman in the plane, thought to have died before the plane was shot down.  Illegal hunting.  People trying to get rich on poaching.   A grizzle bear.  All elements for a compelling, and scenic murder mystery! 

100_Reading_Challenge library-rc

No comments: