Sunday, June 20, 2010

Don’t Panic!

image

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams

Don’t panic, but I read a science fiction novel.  And liked it. 

A few weeks ago a friend posted on twitter “Happy Geek & Towel Day”.  Geek day I got, but towels????  What was that about?  I googled it and discovered that it was a reference to this book – apparently a towel was the most important thing a hitchhiker could bring.  I mentioned that I’d never read this book and he, and all his friends, we aghast.  So I decided to give it a try. 

I definitely enjoyed this book and I’ll probably read the others in the series, but I’m probably not going to become a big sci-fi fan!

Adams has a definite sense of humor and there were many parts of the story that made me laugh out loud!  Other parts made me think – mice really in control?  Things not as they immediately seem?  hmm…. 

I liked that the book had strong ties to reality which made it easier for me to understand, but there were a few parts that were totally over my head!

100_Reading_Challenge    library-rc

No comments: