Monday, June 14, 2010

Valley of the Dolls

image

Valley of the Dolls – Jacqueline Susann

My book club read this in May and it’s one of those that I never would have read if it wasn’t for book club! 

I mostly enjoyed this book.   I found it slow to get started and then it got interesting in the middle when they were taking drugs and sleeping together and all that stuff, but the last 100 pages or so I just wanted it to be done!  

I never read “romance” novels, I’m not that into the whole bodice-ripper-trashy novels scene, this book appealed to me most because of the historical aspect. 

I also realized that this book can satifsy one of  my two remaining categories in the Twenty Ten challenge!  It can fit into both the “Win Win” category and the “Who are you again?”, so I chose to put it in the “Win Win”.

100_Reading_Challenge    twentyten_sml

No comments: