YAY! I have finished the Twenty Ten Challenge!!!! :-)
Here’s what I read with links to my reviews:
Shiny & New
Buying “adult” books is a rare treat for me, no idea what books I’ll buy new this year.
I read this one in my Kindle App, it kinda counts….
1. Dishwasher: One Man’s Quest to Wash Dishes in All Fifty States – Pete Jordan See my review here.
But then I had to buy this one for book club, it’s more legit:
1. Someday My Prince Will Come: True Adventures of a Wannabe Princess – Jerramy Fine See Lesley’s Review Here See my review here
2. Stealing Buddha’s Dinner – Bich Minh Nguyn See Lesley’s Review Here See my review here.
I’m stretching this one a bit and picking books for this category that I purchased at a small family owned used book store – not exactly “charity” but every little bit helps these great stores stay in business.
1. The Friday Night Knitting Club – Kate Jacobs See my Review here
2. Daisy Fay and The Miracle Man – Fannie Flagg See my review here.
I will fill in these books with books I am reading for the 100+ book challenge.
1. Mourn Not Your Dead – Debbie Crombie See my review here
2. Valley of the Dolls – Jacqueline Susann See my review here
Up to You!
My topic for this one is: Single Women. As a perpetually single gal I HATE it when books start out with a strong single female character but then ends “happily ever after” with her getting married – I want to read more about women who are single and live “happily ever after” by deciding that single is a ok. These books are little like Chuck Norris – I don’t find them, they find me – so I’ll fill these in as I find them this year.
1. Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen - Susan Gregg Gilmore - see my review here
2. A Northern Light – Jennifer Donnelly See my review here